Yeah, me, too!
So I decided to create this set of glasses for our family "Dirty Santa" Game.
( My family plays "Dirty Santa" every year instead of buying everybody a gift. Every year I try to create a gift that someone (or more than one person) will want. If you have ever played "Dirty Santa" then you know that when it is your turn you can chose a new gift or steal from someone else. Well, this year, my etched glasses were chosen, first, stolen and then immediately stolen again!! )
I put each adult's birthday on a large glass and each grandkid's birthday on a small glass. Super cool, right?! Yeah, I think so, too!
That's me.....5-12. My mom is on the right...9-28! :)
So when someone comes to your house, they may not know the significance of the number on the glass but they will remember which number they had. :)
So here's how to do it:
1. Buy some cheap glasses. Wash them! (Don't skip this step. The etching cream works better is you wash the glasses.)
3. Remove the outside of the vinyl. You won't need the numbers and letters.
You can see where I left behind the letters and numbers. See our birthdays! :)
4. Put the vinyl on the glass. This may be tricky depending on the shape of your glass. Don't forget the insides of the "o" and "6" and all that. :)
5. "Paint" on the etching cream with a brush. Leave on for 5 minutes.
6. Rinse off with water. Remove stencil. There you go....Amazing glasses!!
You could do this for important numbers for you ....house numbers where you lived, anniversary, etc.
Glad it was a hit for the family. (My dad gave me money to make him a set for him and Mom since they were stolen from him.) Now, you go create your own!
I'm linking up to Delightful Order.